Interested in an Emergency Medicine Leadership position? Come join MedVet Asheville as an Emergency veterinarian AND ER Department Head. For this FT position, an experienced emergency clinician will split their time between clinical work (approximately 8-10 shifts per month) and leading the ER team in our 24/7 Emergency and Multi-Specialty hospital. We offer a collaborative atmosphere and a team -oriented approach to patient care.
The healthcare team includes great clinical service team members and medical leaders We are looking for a motivated self-starter, who understands what it takes to build an outstanding emergency service. An excellent compensation and benefits package including signing bonus will be provided. The successful candidate will have 5 or more years of experience as an emergency clinician. Previous leadership/management experience and experience in a multi-specialty setting is preferred.
- Fostering a culture that supports development of Engaged and Empowered Employees.
- Working collaboratively with the Medical Director to oversee the Emergency Services of the hospital.
- Serving as a contact for interface with our specialists regarding case transfer.
- Supporting the Medical Director in preparation and management of the ER department.
- Actively participating in ER doctor hiring, mentoring and training.
- Creating and maintaining the ER doctor schedule.
- Helping to provide a positive referral partner experience and aid in client complaint resolution.
Why join the team at MedVet Asheville?
- MedVet Asheville is a 24/7 Emergency hospital that is primed to build specialty services, making it an excellent opportunity to build a practice in the pet-centric culture of Asheville.
- Our spacious, newly-remodeled hospital features expanded treatment areas and triage, 9+ exam rooms, a dedicated ICU with a feline-friendly ward, on-site lab, three well-equipped surgical suites, multiple radiology suites, CT, HBOT, and more.
- Imaging read by MedVet radiologists makes it easy to connect on cases.
- We are committed to collaborative, exceptional care, continuing education, and caregiver wellbeing.
- For more details, please view our video tour or check out our MedVet Asheville digital magazine.
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers:
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus, Competitive Compensation, Shareholder Opportunity, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Why will you love living in Asheville?
In the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville is minutes away from beautiful trails, mountain vistas, and winding rivers. Enjoy hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, rock climbing, fly fishing, and more. With major attractions like?Chimney Rock State Park,?Pisgah National Forest, and the Biltmore Estate, it's an iconic destination. There's a thriving foodie scene with award-winning restaurants focused on local, farm-fresh cuisine, a variety of local vineyards, and more breweries per capita than anywhere in the U.S. The region is dotted with eclectic and quaint mountain towns offering unique lodging, arts, crafts, music, festivals, shopping, dining, and galleries.
For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com or to submit a confidential CV, email Amanda Purcell at [email protected]
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!
Come as you are. MedVet is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.