Bluffton Animal Hospital located near Hilton Head, South Carolina, is best known for its beautiful stretches of Atlantic Ocean beaches, abundant fishing, and golf courses. Our 6 DVM, AAHA Accredited hospital is a full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to dogs and cats. We utilize electronic medical records (Cornerstone), have both in-house and outside lab diagnostics including urinalysis analyzer, DR x-ray and ultrasound. Here at Bluffton Animal Hospital, our goal is to provide the highest quality of medical care for our clients and patients by listening to their needs, and by giving exceptional client services in a professional and compassionate manner. Our values are WAG - Work Together. Amaze. Grow. We live by these values and expect all teammates to treat each other, clients and patients with a WAG mentality. We will nurture the bond between humans and animals by teaching our clients how to better care for their pets, thus enabling them to live longer, healthier lives.
If you are a passionate and caring team player, please feel free to send us a resume or apply today!
The Veterinarian is responsible for providing high quality care to our patients while also developing rapport with their owners. In addition to physical examinations, surgeries, and dentistry, client communication and client education are of the upmost importance. It’s important that SVP Veterinarians treat each pet and client like part of the family.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of SC
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
SVP rewards its teammates with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
Medical and Dental Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Continuing Education allowance
Professional Liability Coverage
Discounted Veterinary Care
A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!