Tumalo Animal Hospital, is a family oriented, mixed animal practice located in beautiful Bend, OR. We pride ourselves in our commitment to providing high quality medical and surgical care to our long term, loyal clientele, while maintaining a warm, familial environment and a healthy work/life balance. We do offer out calls to our large and small animal clients including at home euthanasias, in order to provide the most comfort to our clients and patients. Our doctors collaborate openly and continually about cases. Our practice values continuing education for all staff members, and provides strong support for doctors who are seeking to develop a special skill set or advanced their knowledge. depending on the applicant.
About Tumalo Animal Hospital:
· 3 exam rooms, two treatment areas, surgery suite, dental table and dedicated radiology suite.
· Small outdoor covered barn space for in clinic large animal appointments.
· Complete pharmacy with a large inventory of medications
· Sound digital x-ray with consult, also able to take x-ray machine into the field.
· Digital dental X-rays
· Complementary medicine options include therapeutic laser, acupuncture, and Chinese herbals
· AviMark practice management system (paper-light)
· Idexx in-house laboratory with complete blood count, serum chemistry, Sedivue Urine, Clotting times and Blood gas.
· Easy access to lakes, rivers and many outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, Skiing/snowboarding and rock climbing.
· Bend is home to many great breweries, restaurants and wineries as well.
We are seeking to add an associate veterinarian to supplement our compassionate and dedicated mostly small animal doctor team, with opportunities for part time and full time schedules. The perfect candidate would have a OR license, at least 1 year experience in a mixed or large animal practice setting, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in client communication, preventative care and surgical procedures. However, new grads are also encouraged to apply, as our current veterinarians are willing and able to provide quality mentorship! Our large animal veterinarian will be available for support and mentorship for 3-5 months. We are open Saturday and always closed Sundays to provide time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. On call for Large Animal is up to the candidate and can be offered or declined as desired. There are two local emergency facilities and specialty hospitals in the area that give options for referral and patient care after business hours.
Our benefits package includes
· 75% medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Professional liability with defense
· 15 paid vacation days.
· On call during the week as desired by candidate
· CE stipend and paid license fees (DEA/OVMA/AVMA)
OR license or ability to obtain prior to start date
1+ year of experience with mixed or large animals preferred but new grads are also encouraged to apply.
Own vehicle to use for large animal out calls
Additional Salary Information: Negotiable and competitive base salary with percentage of production
About Tumalo Animal Hospital
Tumalo Animal Hospital is a busy, independently owned practice in beautiful Bend, Oregon. The practice is currently a three doctor mixed animal practice, about 70% small animal, 30% large animal. The focus of our practice is maintaining great relationships with our clients through excellent communication and personalized care. We value work-life balance for our veterinarians and support staff.