Would you like to work for a high quality veterinary clinic with a friendly staff? Goodwin Animal Hospital has 2 locations and is a fast paced veterinary hospital with four wonderful doctors that specialize in small animal medicine and surgery, and one doctor that specializes in exotics. We have provided veterinary care to the Montgomery, Alabama area for over 40 years. Goodwin Animal Hospital is equipped with digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, laser surgery, laser therapy, endoscopy, ultrasound, dental suite, and in house lab equipment. Currently, we are looking for a full time, motivated Veterinarian with a desire to learn and grow with our clinic. Job responsibilities include: small animal medicine, surgery, emergency care rotations, and dentistry. If you want to provide outstanding care, and be appreciated as a professional we would love to add you to our team!
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Alabama
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics