Program Chair - Veterinary Technology
Athens Technical College in Athens, GA seeks a full time 12 month Program Chair for the Veterinary Technology program. The Veterinary Technology Program Chair is responsible to the Dean of Life Sciences and Public Safety for coordinating all matters related to the design and delivery of instruction of skills, techniques, and decision making processes related to the nursing care of animals in the field of veterinary medicine.
The successful applicant will be expected to implement course materials that support stated initiatives and use appropriate techniques to provide students with the knowledge needed to achieve the learning outcomes for each veterinary technology course offered
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Knowledge of large and small animal anatomy, care and handling methods, the use of standard veterinary laboratory equipment, and skills in clinical pathology, diagnostic imaging, anesthesia, aseptic surgery, and nursing care
- Create, maintain, and oversee the necessary policies, documentation, equipment, and facilities necessary to maintain program accreditation with the American Veterinary Medical Association
- The ability to author Animal Welfare Act-compliant Animal Use Proposals. Maintain OSHA compliance documents for the veterinary technology teaching laboratories
Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- Licensed veterinarian or license eligible in the State of Georgia and accredited through the USDA National Veterinary Accreditation Program
- Doctoral degree in Veterinary Medicine from an AVMA-accredited institution
- Evidence of a strong interest in online didactic and laboratory instruction
- Prior formal teaching experience in a Veterinary Technology program
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced media technology, such as those used in online learning applications.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and be familiar with delivering content online
Interested candidates should apply online at:
To apply, click "Apply to This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).