Paris Hill Animal Hospital located just outside of New Hartford, New York is seeking a full-time or part-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
Our hospital is located in a beautiful, rural section of the Mohawk Valley of Central New York. We are a very nice, friendly and peaceful place to work with staff consisting of young families. We offer a flexible schedule, and no evening emergencies!
For more information, please visit our website at: http://www.parishillcathospital.com/
About the Hospital
The Paris Hill Cat Hospital has most everything needed to assist you in the performance of high-level feline medicine and surgery to include:
- digital dental radiology
- in house blood analyzer
- 7 licensed veterinary technicians
- 5 experienced feline veterinarians
- dedicated support staff
We are a regional resource for feline health, with clients traveling from Albany to Syracuse, and Oneonta to Oswego.
About Paris Hill
Paris Hill is a rural and peaceful hamlet situated on a village green. Our only neighbors are residences, two churches and the Paris Hill fire department. The nearby communities of Clinton and New Hartford have excellent school districts. Hamilton and Utica College provide an academic and cultural atmosphere to the area. We are close the Adirondacks and all of the recreation therein.
The Associate Veterinarian—under the guidance of the Managing Veterinarian—carries out our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Strong aptitude and interest in working with feline only population
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.